Saturday, March 29, 2014

Furnass Landscaping and Other Oddities


Really? This is right up there with the name of the person who runs Food for the Poor: Robin Mafood...or Bill Geyser the plumber, or Father B. Maturin who wrote Self Knowledge and Self Discipline: How to Know and Govern Yourself. No lie. But Fern-ass Landscaping? I saw this on a truck, barreling past me the other way as I came swinging out of one of the infernal round-a-bouts. I tried for awhile to see what it might sound like in Australian- "FUHRN-ahss" or "Fuhrn-AhSS" but I couldn't excuse it based on accent. Then I felt kind of sorry for them...it is like having a big ink stain on the back of your pants for an interview. Or it makes them unforgettable. Fine line at the best of times. Disturbing visuals, too.


I think someone doesn't know their French...or English. This store is pathetically trying to be cool, I am sure, or they really don't know any other languages and are hoping no one else does, either.


I don't think "nab" is a good name for a bank. It's our bank. Uh oh.


I can't.

And finally: Here I am in Bolivia in the 80s testing a weeping statue in a CAT scan:


No. That's not me. Or is it? Was I there? Help. 

2 comments:

  1. Tami, you've been so many places that it seems entirely plausible that you may have been CAT scanning statues in Bolivia at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and now it is possible that I might have completely forgot it.

      Delete